Whether it’s your first server or your latest refresh, the space-saving PowerEdge R220 is ideal for a variety of workloads and for organizations of all sizes.
Quiet and compact designInstall your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manageIntuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.
Your application acceleratorGet the most out of your applications with the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 family featuring 33 percent more cache per core. Help improve response times with up to 32GB of memory in four DIMM slots and boost data-transfer speeds with latest-generation PCIe Gen3 I/O.
Reliable, protected and stableEssential data-protection and reliability features help keep your systems up and running, while long lifecycles help ensure IT stability.
- Protect against data loss and run workloads reliably with hardware RAID options.
- Help maintain data availability with error-correcting memory.
- Gain platform stability and enhance ROI with a multi-year lifecycle.